Sunday, October 11, 2009

Tweet! Tweet!

I host a Stitch In every other Friday. Typically, each person brings whatever project they'd like to work on, but this time, we decided to do a theme and all make the Birdie Sling by Amy Butler (who else!?).



Even my daughter got in on the fun. Here she is on grandma's lap helping cut out the pieces. The group agreed cutting out this bag seems to take twice as long as actually sewing it.



Each person brought very different fabric - some traditional, some youthful. A beatuiful feature of this bag is that it works with all fabrics.



And here we are STILL cutting...



Soon our sewing machines started to whir. When all four were going at the same time, the neighbors probably thought we were starting a small jet engine in our home!









A few hours - and glasses of wine - into the evening, our Birdie Slings began to come together.

Here's my mom's...



And my mother in-law's...



And my friend's...



And mine...



I'm always sad when the Friday Night Stitch Ins come to an end and so look forward to the next one. Not sure what our next theme will be - or if we will do another theme night. But, I think every one had an enjoyable time making the Birdie Sling. After all, a woman can never have too many bags, can she?

No comments:

Post a Comment