Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hushabye Baby Quilt



I completed the top of this pinwheel quilt this morning. The fabrics are mostly from the line of Moda Hushabye. The top took less than a charm pack, leaving me enough to do a pieced back along with some of the pink solid.



I also bought some oversized ric-rack, enough for the short ends of the quilt. I love how chunky and soft the ric-rack is and wish I had bought a few more yards to go around the entire perimeter.



The border is also from the Hushabye line. I think I bought around a 1/2 yard of it. Between the Kona cotton solids, charm pack, extra yardage of the print, and ric-rack, this quilt will cost less than $40 - maybe even less than $30 depending on what I do for the back. Not bad for high-quality materials.

I think it's turning out pretty cute! Can't wait to quilt it. I've been practicing stippling, and will show you my attempts in an upcoming post.

No comments:

Post a Comment