Sunday, November 8, 2009

Scrappy Quilt

I was inspired to "make do" with the fabric in my stash after going on a mini shopping spree for my daughter yesterday. Any fabric allowance left in my budget went to dress my little fashionista. She totally made out getting a Janie and Jack sweater, several tops from Gap, a winter coat from Von Maur, and an adorable pair of courds from The Children's Place. This kid is better dressed than me!

So, as I was saying, I decided to shop in my own collection of nice fabric scraps and cut a stack of 4.5" squares about 3" high. All are high-end designer fabrics that will make a very nice modern quilt.




If I can make the pattern work, I'd like to try a tossed 9 patch pattern just for some variety. Here is a great tutorial from p.s. I Quilt.

Now, the question is, can I finish this quilt in time for our craft show, which starts Friday!?

No comments:

Post a Comment