Wednesday, August 26, 2009

And so it begins...

Welcome! I am starting a new phase in my life - calling myself a quilter! - and am so glad you are along for the ride. 

The picture depicts the aftermath of a big sewing debacle. Last night, I was staring at my beautifully sewn quilt top, admiring the pretty scrappy colors, how pretty they are as they blend and complement one another, when it hit me that I had pieced the blocks together incorrectly. Oh, I cannot tell you how sick to my stomach I was while seam ripping my lovely quilt top apart. 

Before hitting rock bottom, crawling under the table and crying, I decided to go to bed and face the mess in the morning, which is what this picture shows I found on my dining room table - a quilting crime scene of massacred fabric and thread.

So I don't leave you on a down note, everything is put back together now, and I'm working on piecing the trim. My goal is to finish the top this week and quilt it this weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment